Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Loneliness

In the loneliness of life,
i know you are my muse,
i walk aloof on the edge of darkness,
holding your hands i walk aloof

i look into your eyes,
and i know it is me,
you dont say a word,
and i can hear my name,
you smile the pain away,
and kiss my tears goodbye,
i wonder how love can change a man,
a man who thought would never cry

they say you are gone,
i have lost you by my side,
that i have disgraced the love of my life,
i shrug the pain away and smile,
i wipe my tears and wish you goodbye,
for i know i have the 'you' i loved,
it never was gone, no wonder i shrugged

i still hold you in my arms and kiss,
your pain is mine, your smile is bliss,
you frown at me and i still go nuts,
your voice, your smell were never amiss,
for it was not you who walked out on me,
for the one who did was meant to flee.

4 comments:

  1. you are beginning to sound like the male version of alanis morissete or sylvia plath to say the least.
    allow me to quote -
    i'm a shadow.i'm neither a woman nor a man.neither a woman, happy enough to be a man, nor a man, blunt and flat enough to feel a lack,i feel a lack.
    -sylvia plath from three women

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is huge. I don't know if I should say- thank you. Still, I am glad, you took time out and went through this. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wasn't complimenting. i wasn't criticising. i was merely observing.i noticed the similarity.you might too if you try.
    wretched peace
    I

    ReplyDelete
  4. On this note, Thank you for observing. Call it wretched peace or exalted pain, it is precious.

    ReplyDelete